Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Goals

Summer is here and us teachers have tons of free time to ourselves.  So, it would be fitting to set some goals to get lots done and have tons of fun this summer. For awhile there, I was thinking this summer couldn't touch last with the breakup and all, but now I'm having quite a different outlook. So here goes - Summer 2013!


#1 - Go running at least every other day - if not more. You know, at first I was thinking, "I'm going to run every day this summer!" Let's not get overly ambitious, though. I have written goals before and I know it must be attainable, and so I don't want to set myself up for failure. So, every other day it is. And, if I go more than that, dood joob, dud! 


#2 - Write at least three times a week. I really want to write a book, but I just never get down to business. I suppose writers carve out time ever day to do so. I need to try doing that. Part of it is making sure I have ideas to write about - Katie Cartier always writes the best blogs and I just want to be like her, so I need to keep my eyes and ears open day-to-day.



#3 - Eat clean - Now that I have time, there really aren't any excuses. Smoothies for breakfast, salads for lunch. Go easy with food at night. No wine during the week by myself. Little or no wheat products. Easy on the sugar. You know, I'm not going to go all crazy and do a Whole 30. It's too much work. Plus, I like to eat! But, I can be conscious about it and take care of myself.



#4 - Be thankful for all I have, every day. You know, being in a relationship really makes me happy, but being single is better than being in a sucky one. So although it's sad that I don't get what I want right now, I need to remember that I am really blessed. I have a great family. My friends are the best people on this planet. I have a roof over my head, a great job, enough money to pay for what I need and have fun. I am blessed.



#5 - Have fun - I've already got some things on the calendar - volleyball with Jon and Courtney every Thursday, family coming to visit me at the end of June, Heather coming in July, going to see Holls, Mikey, and Carson sometime, and probably going to Florida with Anita at some point to see the 'rents. Plus, I really want to make an effort to see new friends - Liz, Tanya, get the girls from work out to the city for a day - Schlophies, that means you! I've also got to figure out how to make a few new dates happen, too. 


So there you have it. Summer goals. Putting them down in writing seems to make them more real. Let's see how many of them get accomplished in the next 10 weeks!

What about you? Summer plans?

2 comments:

  1. Love the summer goals! My favorite is #4. So proud of you for making good decisions for yourself. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals Michelle! With my summer starting mid-July, you've given me some things to think about. Your summer plans sound awesome!!

    ReplyDelete