Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hey, it's okay.....

So I'm stealing my friend's idea for a blog - she calls these types of blogs "Permission to...." but is it in glamour magazine when they have that page, "Hey, it's okay...." and then they list all the things its okay to do do, even though you probably shouldn't? Well, that's the idea here. So your first installment...

Hey, it's okay.....to be addicted to facebook.
When I wake up I read the news. I use that term loosely - I'm mostly interested in the news of everyone and whatever they're up to. You know, when all of your immediate family lives far away, it's good to see videos of your niece, hear what your bestie is doing for the day in Phoenix, and see how big another friend's boy has grown. I can't see myself ever not using facebook....and you know what? I don't even care. Some people will judge me and act like it's a waste of time (and I'm not disagreeing....I definitely spend more time on it than I should) but it's perfect for keeping in touch with everyone who lives out of town.

Hey, it's okay.....to abandon a book that is a "classic."
Did you know I actually didn't like reading until I became a teacher? and that I hardly read any of the classic books that most read in high school? Well, I decided I should read them. I am reading Catcher in the Rye right now and I hate it. Holden is a jack@$$ about everything. And I just don't get the point of the book. It's like he quits school and then goes to a hotel in New York. He muses about all the things he wants to do but doesn't do them. He's ticked off about everything and nothing makes him happy. I have no idea what the point of the book is. I quit.




Hey, it's okay.....if the only thing on your To-Do list is "Wait for the UPS man."
When you're a teacher, you're going like 150 mph or 0. Right now, I'm on 0. The other day I had one task - to wait for my clothes to come from UPS. Seriously didn't do anything else all day. Thought about reading a little bit, watched a lot of Showtime On Demand instead, and ate some food. Didn't clean anything, didn't make my bed, didn't go down and get the mail. Oh well, there's always tomorrow : )




Hey, it's okay.....to get ticked off every time iTunes does an update.
So now where is my purchased music? How do I make a playlist? How do I copy only certain playlists to my iPhone? I hate it when I don't know how to use my apps, especially iTunes. It's like I'm about to go running and I want a new playlist....now.....except that I don't know how to get the songs downloaded to my phone. Frustrating. Give me the old version back!






Hey, it's okay.....to be reading a book about health and then eat some chocolate.
I did a whole 30 over a year ago and I just bought the book that explains everything about food. So here I am reading about being healthy and why we shouldn't eat certain things (sugar being one them). It explains it in no uncertain terms how most foods are addictive and so we have this emotional connection to them, and then also what they do to your insides. It makes sense. I believe it. I want to live the Paleo lifestyle. But then I still reach for the dark-chocolate covered acai berries. Hey....I'm addicted!


so hilar


That's all for now. Happy Saturday everyone!



0 comments:

Post a Comment