Monday, March 2, 2020

Netflix Divorce

Anyone else out there share streaming services and accounts with friends? In my case, my friend Katie pays for Netflix (for four of us!) and I got the Costco membership. Usually, no issues. But last night, not the case.

When I got home yesterday, I was on a Scandal binge when I got a facebook video call from the four other people on the account. And a text, telling me to pick up.

So naturally I ignored the call, quit Netflix, and went to sleep. It was after nine, and I was dozing anyways. I was a little terrified about being yelled at. This was the second time this situation played out like this.

Then, this morning I woke up to 21 messages on facebook. I had no idea what had transpired after I fell asleep, but then remembered how a few friends wanted to off me from Netflix. The texts went like this:

"Katie, add Michelle to this chat, NOW."

"Michelle, stop watching Scandal and go to bed. It's like 11pm there."

"Time for a divorce."

"Netflix divorce."


Not sure if I still have access, but promised to binge Scandal at off-peak hours from now on.



Anyone else love Scandal? Like, how close is that to actual DC?


Check out my former years slicing here. Find me on Instagram here. And twitter, here.

5 comments:

  1. I don't watch Scandal, but I share internet service with my neighbor. I live in a small 10 unit condominium and, when I asked my neighbors about going wireless many years ago, they suggested I try using their network and paying them a small amount.

    And I share a library card with my sister so she can check out audiobooks from my very large local library system. I have two cards (one regular, one teacher) so I can still get my own audiobooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Binge watching Scandal was the best! Have you considered putting on a pair of wide leg slacks adding heels, walking with swag, and being Olivia Pope, Master Fixer, to solve your Netflix drama?!

    By the way, risky world you're living in sharing accounts! I think I would always be worried someone would catch me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading Shonda Rhimes memoir Year of Yes last summer, I started watching Scandal. I'm in season 3... finding it hard to watch before bed because it is soooo disturbing! Also watching Grey's Anatomy.And I share a Netflix account with my two children... we run into issues when they share it with friends and suddenly I am the one boxed out! I love that term Netflix divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watched all of Scandal and loved it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have studiously avoided streaming any series because I know my potential to become addicted. Decades before streaming existed, my father and I watched the entire I, Claudius series in one day while I was visiting him. Then, when I moved in with him while my home was being built, we watched all seasons of Upstairs, Downstairs in about three weeks. With all of the good reviews I am reading about the new shows coming out, I know I would be hopelessly lost. How long will I hold out before I get sucked in?

    ReplyDelete