Saturday, March 7, 2020

Internet Finds

Went on a first date last night. Guy I met on a dating app. Never can be sure about internet finds, but hey, I keep looking.

Date was just okay for me. When it was about time to go, he asked, "So should we get separate checks?"

"Okay," I replied while looking away, because what I was thinking was HUGE QUESTION MARKS and I was not living out my best poker face at the moment. That check included one glass of red wine for me. On a date that he initiated.

I mean it's fine, I guess? It's not the first time it has happened, but always kinda takes me by surprise.

Check out my former years slicing here. Find me on Instagram here. And twitter, here.

6 comments:

  1. I am old and old-fashioned, but I think a guy can spring for the first date at least. After that taking turns or splitting the check is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be me, too. I think old-fashion or non-traditional or whatever you want to call it is just fine! Is a second date coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the new norm, to treat women equally, I wonder? But it seems more like he read your face -- the date was so-so -- and decided not to invest. I haven't dated in a very lonnnnggg time, but I should write some of my internet date adventures. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can picture your response, complete with cartoon question marks above your head. Lizzie McGuire style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dating is so tricky - especially with online dating. Your Slice sums up the vagaries of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New, used or digital- the one thing that is always in demand, especially among students is the school books or textbooks. Same ways, the Bihar Board Intermediate I Year Books are equally significant, as it provides detailed and in-depth BSEB Intermediate new Syllabus information about a subject to the student. It is the most reliable and widely used source of reference by Bihar Board Intermediate I Year students. The Bihar Board prescribes these Class 11 school books based on the Intermediate I Year Syllabus.

    ReplyDelete