Sunday, March 8, 2020

Ain't got time for that

So, the Coronavirus.

I don't have TV, I rarely see the news. I certainly do not watch any cable news.

Today when talking to my stepmom, she asked me how things were down here (I'm in Chicago, she's in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan) related to Coronavirus. I told her, "Fine? I am not letting that stress me out."

Like is this a fear thing? Is this a distraction from some other thing thing? I'm not sure. But I did see this video by a Naturopathic Doctor I really admire and respect and she was making the case that there are bacteria and viruses fungus and tons of other things that can make us sick out in the world at all times, so we should not shirk responsibility for our health, but instead take responsibility for building our immune systems. Then she gave a bunch of tips:

1. Get movement every day.

2. Get outside to get Vitamin D and also...

3. Supplement with Vitamin D-3, A, and Zinc. She says in her practice she has yet to meet someone who has enough Vitamin D in their systems from natural means - you have to supplement!

4. Say no to sugar. In her words, it's like sandpaper to our insides because its SOOO INFLAMMATORY. 

5. Drink water & eat whole foods.

Wanna know what else I'd like to add? Avoid stress. It also weakens the immune system (reference) and I got no time for that.



Check out my former years slicing here. Find me on Instagram here. And twitter, here.

2 comments:

  1. I’m not stressing about coronavirus either, and I am making sure my husband (he’s 72) and I eat well, exercise, keep our immune systems strong, and wash our hands often. Still, I think it’s important to acknowledge the COVID-19 isn’t like a common cold. It is different. It is contagious. It does spread rapidly. I’m a news junky. I like being well informed. There’s a good article in the WSJ about travel and those over 65 getting a pneumonia vaccine, so I told my husband he needs to do that since we have travel plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assam Class 5 Textbooks list is available here. SCERT Assam Class 5th Assamese, Bodo, and Bengali learning outcome books PDF are announced on the official website. Assam State Board Class 5 EBooks to be released in online mode. Textbooks are important to students on the preparations of the examination. SCERT Assam 1st Class Books Assam Board V standard syllabus, blueprint, model question papers, sample papers, marking scheme, exam pattern and other educational materials will be proclaimed on the official website. Below we have given more relevant details on Assam Class 5 Assamese, English, Mathematics, Environmental Studies Textbook PDF

    ReplyDelete