Sunday, March 15, 2020

10 minutes and everything changes

Prior to 4pm, I had be writing....

I'm not stressed. Or annoyed.

Coronavirus is here, and yet, I know I'd much rather be on my regular routine, complaining about meal-prepping and all the adulting I have to do on my limited weekends, and then heading back to school on Monday like nothing was wrong.

Tuesday was supposed to be our half day for PD because in Illinois  it's a voting day. We were out at noon, and then we had tentatively planned to go get a green beer in honor of St. Patty's day.

But none of that is happening.

Today I watched mass on LiveStream, instead of seated in church.

Today I went for a walk and hardly saw anyone. (Also locked myself out, thankful for my best friend who saved the day!)

Tomorrow I'll go in to work for four hours help teachers get some options set up for e-learning, and then I'll be back at home.

There will be no green beer on Tuesday.


Probably won't see many of my friends face-to-face for the next two weeks.

But I'm not feeling angry or annoyed or stressed. Maybe we should look at this as a time to slow down. Maybe there are some ways in which we can heal with this abundance of time. Now we are blessed with time for other priorities, that book we've been meaning to read, that closet we've been meaning to clean. Maybe we need to make that call to a loved one, or send that text. Or write a letter. Remember snail mail?!


Some things just won't happen this year, and that's okay. But big picture? Our health is our greatest wealth, and even if I'm not a part of the demographic that is most at risk, I will stay inside and away from others because we are actually far more connected than it may feel today and for the next two weeks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Around 4:30 pm, our governor closed all restaurants and bars effective tomorrow and my mom called worried and sh*t got real. But for now, I must rest, so more on that, tomorrow.

Check out my former years slicing here. Find me on Instagram here. And twitter, here.

2 comments:

  1. It all is so strange. When restaurants and bars closed though, it definitely felt like a new level of seriousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!!!
    How are you doing today, I guess your are doing well?
    My name is Victoria, i was diagnosed of multiple diseases, herpes virus was among and i was meant to take drugs as prescribed by the medical doctors. One day, i came across a post on the internet that says, there is a solution to almost all your problems that there is a cure for herpes Virus then i tried it and it work perfectly. Contact the Doctor so that you can differentiate between Doctors.
    E-mail: adeolasolutioncentre@yahoo.com E-mail: adeolasolutioncentre@gmail.com Call or whatsApp: +2348109528419

    ReplyDelete