Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What I'm Loving Tuesday

So I have a great blogging mentor (slash bff) and I figure it's better to not recreate the wheel, so Katie Cartier I am copying your ideas here.

Katie Started writing the "What I'm Loving" blog a long time ago, and she just started a new one - Permission to.... that I'm going to steal later on. But for now, I'll use her old stuff to add a little variety to my blog.



Here are a few things I'm loving at the moment...


Lemon Water


My cousin has blogged about it (find it here) and I've been drinking lots of it since I started the Whole 30 two weeks ago. I really like it SOOO much better than just plain water, so spice yours up too, and see what you think! I've also used limes and oranges. I know you can do cucumbers as well, but I'm not a huge fan.




Sweet Potato Chips


Finally - a crunchy, salty vehicle for guacamole and salsa! These chips are great. They are all different - some have more ingredients than others or are spiced differently. Now, maybe they're not the strictest version of Whole 30 compliant - some of the oils they use to fry them are canola and sunflower? (no, that doesn't seem right, but I can't remember at the moment) but either way, I'm doing so much better the last two weeks eating than I ever have!

No Nitrate/Nitrite Bacon by Oscar Mayer
So, the whole thing with the meat is trying to avoid any preservatives that are added. I may be mistaken, but from what I've learned so far, the nitrates/nitrites are preservatives added to meat to help it retain it's color - preservatives that could potentially mess up your digestive business. I originally found this when I was at my mom's and so I'm on the look out for it here, as well!

Pilot Easy Touch Pens

Anyone else a pen fanatic besides me? Best. Pens. Ever. I really don't like working with crappy writing utensils, so I have a few favorites, but these take the cake. I am even picky about the colors - I prefer blue and purple mainly, but if I buy the combo pack, I'll use all of them.


Next Dress to Buy


I've been eyeing this in my emails from The Limited - with a gold belt - but just haven't gotten there yet to try it on. My coteacher asked me today if I bought it yet. She had gone shopping with her friend, who saw it and told her to try it on, but being the good friend she is, she passed since I already called dibs. With my gold belt it will look so cute! We'll just have to see if it looks cute on me!

Modern Family

Okay, who loves this show as much as I do? I got season 2 for like $10 after Thanksgiving and the bf and I watched the whole thing through, and then he got me season 1 for Valentine's Day - which we're not yet finished with. So funny...best show in so, so long. I couldn't find my favorite episode, but here's Gloria, and all her mispronunciations....





and what I'm hating...
Delta Airlines
They definitely lost my bag. When I decide I need to pay up to check a bag, I take my moster of a suitcase - that thing was loaded. All my best clothes (including new dress), flip flops, running clothes and shoes, makeup, blow dryer and curling iron, jewelry, a few books - all tied up in that suitcase. Luckily I had the smarts to pack some overnight essentials in my carry on and I happen to have my glasses and makeup remover towel thingies (not that I need them tonight - definitely went to work with zero makeup...tan helped TREMENDOUSLY) but I'm NOT a fan of this airlines.



So there you have it - edition one of What I'm Loving. Next blog up will be pics from Florida, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha I love that show too. And of course I love Gloria...she is from Colombia and when I see and hear her I can see myself there, the accent of course no her body hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete