Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No food necessary....

So yesterday I mentioned on facebook that I had a great day, and I totally did. I didn't do anything amazing, really just every day stuff but with Hektor. There have been so many "Michelle and Katie's Day of Fun" that it was about time to have one with the bf. (Click link for video - it wouldn't let me embed it!)


All we really did was go to some appointments (I graded the writing drafts while I waited) and then just going here and there. Ikea, where I had some crusted whitefish. Hektor asked me, "Uummm.....can you eat that?" and me, thinking, "Oh, it's whitefish, yeah, but he will eat the mashed potatoes." Halfway through I realized that crusted = breadcrumbs and yeah, probably shouldn't have done that, but it was almost gone so I finished it anyways. An hour later my stomach was a mess, so that will teach me!


We also went to Verizon - I wanted to add my educator 18% discount (just take a pay stub there and they can apply!) but turns out it was already on my account. Perhaps Verizon is just really expensive, idk. But, I also asked about getting an upgrade and I'm due in August. However, they are doing this promotion where I can upgrade now for a $20 fee. So, I'm hoping to end my relationship with Android tomorrow, but I'm waiting until after I have my taxes done tomorrow to see what the damage is there. Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

After that, really nothing to report on Michelle and Hektor's Day of Fun - just making jokes and checking out target and returning some stuff.


And all along the way I ate compliant with Whole 30 (except that crust on the whitefish) and was perfectly happy!


Lesson learned - food is fuel. I don't need to eat sugared, carby crap - just eat what makes me feel good....and reward myself with....wait for it....shopping!



7 days to go on Whole 30...can't wait for the stats. Today we had birthday for Smith and I skipped pizza and crackers and dip and chocolate pie AND cupcakes. I had nothing. I did, however, buy myself a treat for day 31, and I'm so excited for it. Cereal! It's Kashi and super protein rich. My mouth was watering at the thought of it, but I will show some self control. Hey, if I can pass on all the stuff at lunch, I think I'll be good to go.



0 comments:

Post a Comment