Saturday, April 28, 2012

Feeling Grateful and HAPPY!

Ever been so happy with everything in your life that you're afraid something bad is bound to happen? Kinda like in the Sex and the City movie when Charlotte was so worried about running after she got pregnant and so she tells Carrie that she's worried that something bad is going to happen? And Carrie replies, "You shit yourself this year. I think you're done."


Well, things are that good for me right now. Here's why.

Chicago is fiiiiiiiiiinaly feeling like home. I have a handful of friends around town who I LOVE to hang out with. Happy hour on Friday with meetup girls? Yes, please!! (shout out to Julie, Claire, and Katie!) Bulls game at Joe's on Weed street with Jon and Courtney who are SOOOO fun and I have so much fun with - excellent. And, can't forget one of my very best friends, Anita, I love you and have so much fun with you - no matter what we're doing...but you know I prefer to dress up with fascinators and go to new places!


While I have great new friends in Chicago, I also have best friends all around this country who enrich my life to amazing degrees. Katie Cartier - you are hilarious and such an amazing writer and a fabulous teacher and well, if I had it my way, you'd just live here. But, since you can't, three chats a day on the phone will do just fine. Holls! I can't wait for your wedding next week! and I get to see Kentucky. I'm sure your family down there is going to be exhausted after spending time with the fast-moving people of the big city! I love that we have been such long friends and that your family is like my family too. Heather - I know we don't talk as much as we used to, but you are one of the best, BEST people I know. I can't wait until June when we get to spend some time together, and share a pizza! Promise to make it to Gino's East. Dunk - some of my funniest and happiest memories include you. I can't wait for the day to come again where we have some milk and cookies and I drink your milk so you have to go get more. I can't wait to spend time with you and meet baby Chase and see how big Alexa and Cole are.  Liz....we hardly talk but when we do it's like we pick right back up from where we were. I hope that sometime soon we are able to meet up for some bonding time. and can't forget Briese - you're hilarious and I miss you so much! Thanks for making facebook fun in the mean time, but try not to take it too far, like you usually do (although, not so much recently...good job!)



Of course, I wouldn't be where I am without family. My mom and Rob, Dad and Stepmonster, Sister and family, two neices - all of you have made me be the person I have come to be. I appreciate all your support in all my endeavors, your concern for my well-being and safety (Michelle, head on a swivel!) and all of our inside jokes. Mom, I love our morning chats on the way to work! and sister, I'm glad you got Draw Something (please, do a better job with your drawings...really? IKEA? YT!) Anyways, family. So good.


Next - I love my job. Seriously, LOVE. I love that I get to be silly with kids all day (yes, and also be a mega bitch when they don't do what they're supposed to). In what other job can you (every 45 minutes during passing period) pop and lock it in the hallway and pass the moves along from teacher to teacher? In what other job can you confiscate notes from children and read them and laugh? Or, as a joke, empty a kid's locker on April Fools Day? Or celebrate your work friends birthdays with gifts and lunches or get flowers from them for finishing a food challenge? Or get a call from a former student who wanted to tell you she had sex for the first time, and know she's calling because she wants you to hit the fan with 100 questions and show you're worried for her? (True story.) Just the tip of the iceburg....and doesn't even include the fact that for the first time in 9 years, I've solidly taught kids how to write five paragraph essays, intros and conclusions included. My job rocks.


Moving on - Chicago in general is an amazing place to be. There's so much to do. Tomorrow I'm going to go painting at Bottle and Bottega with friends. Found out today a friend got $25 bulls tickets at the last minute on stubhub. Definitely trying that out on Tuesday. You want rollercoasters? Just go 40 minutes north. Want to see your cousins? Take an hour drive to the suburbs. Want to see any sporting event and be surrounded by tons of people who LOVE their city? Pick a park. New restaurant? Beach? Festival? New bar? Bowling? Play softball at Grant Park with the Buckingham Fountain as your backdrop? It's all here.


And yes, I can't forget the Boyfriend. He's pretty amazing. I'll spare you the details, but I can't wait for all my family and best friends to meet him. He's hilarious and kind and he'll be here soon, so I'll keep it brief. He's just such good people. You'll all see soon enough.


Oh, and one last thing - good things do come out of bad things. The condo foreclosed and I survived my taxes. I actually got a pretty huge tax return and was able to get myself out of some credit card debt. It's going to be the first summer I don't work....ever. I feel like I went on a financial detox. I need to keep the money situation (and eating situation) going in that same direction.


So there you have it. Life is good over here. The thing is, even when there is stress, there's so much to be thankful for. I know this good streak I have going on won't be the case forever, but it helps to keep all of this in the sunshine file for when I need a little pick-me-up. And, even then, there's always something to be thankful for.



4 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful for you too. You make all aspects of my life so much better. And I already love Wilson too! It makes me SO happy that you're so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best blog ever. Love you sissay, so so happy your happy. Don't celebrate with food! ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, I'm sitting here crying! I love you so much and soooo happy that you are sooooo happy! As I have always told you, I'm so proud of you and all you do. You certainly deserve all the happiness you have, but the funny thing is you did it all by yourself. YOU, and what YOU do are what makes you so happy! I'm jealous of all your great friends, you are blessed and I'm sure having Hektor in your life has something to do with all of this too, but who cares, it's the whole picture. I'm so proud to call you my daughter!
    We Love You....
    Mom and Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. A syllabus is a roadmap with instructions to a course that tells you what will be expected of you in the course and the topics that will be covered year round. The AP SSC syllabus prepared by the Directorate of Government Examinations comprises the summaries and chapters to be studied during the learning process. AP SSC Books PDF Every year the AP Board issues syllabus for all the classes starting from Class 1 to Class 12. Starting from basic to comprehensive, it has all the necessary information needed by a teacher and a student. The AP SSC Syllabus for respective subjects can be accessed from the links below.

    ReplyDelete