Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's working.

Over the past few days, I've gotten such great feedback about my Whole 30 progress! Here's what people have been saying:


From Katie via Skype - Just look at your face! I can totally tell!


From Brian, who I haven't seen in a couple months - You're losing weight, Shel!


From coworkers, after I asked them if I could live vicariously through them by "smelling" the bag of candy - You don't need this Michelle! Keep doing what you're doing - we can see the difference!


From cousins today - You look so good! How much have you lost? (Me - can't weigh myself till Wed.) Oh, well, I'll definitely read your blog to find out!


I can tell, too. I've been buying some bathing suits online (plural, because I keep getting sizes that don't fit) and they look better on me today than they did a few weeks ago.


I'm really looking forward to checking the stats - I get to weigh myself first thing on Wednesday morning. I'll be sure to fill you all in on Wednesday night. Anyone feeling inspired to try a Whole 30? Yes, it's kind of annoying, but you learn so much about yourself by doing one.


First of all, I don't really have any cravings for anything sugared anymore. Eating an orange in the evening or drinking some orange juice is a perfect sugar fix for me. The hardest part is when you're at a party, or, like today, at a baby shower and there's cake, and chocolate covered strawberries, and cake pops, and lemon bars, and you have to see it all and not partake. It's not impossible (I didn't have any of it!) but I'll be better off when I can just have one of something. (But I'm worried that if I have one, I'll want like 5!) Or at work and there's sweets. There's actually sweets everywhere, so there's no way around it. You just gotta have willpower! I always just tell myself, "It will all be gone in an hour, and then I'll be feeling so good about good choices and my body will be feeling good, too."


Okay, next, my portions have totally shrunk. I seriously don't eat half of what I used to, and it's all because I'm putting quality food into my system. I don't need to eat as much when what I do eat is nutrient dense - it keeps me fuller, longer. Honestly, sometimes I don't even want to eat - like tonight, but I knew if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to sleep and then pissed at myself for not eating in the first place. If you do a Whole 30, you will eat less...and that will be just fine with you!




I guess I've always known this, but it was made SUPER clear to me from Katie, who, over the course of her whole 30 and 2/3 of a second one has lost 25 pounds. YES - TWENTY-FIVE. (Sorry for spilling that, KC!) She had been working out all the time prior to the Whole 30, but it was the eating that did her body good. I have been running during this challenge, but not consistently. It's the food choices all day long that are making the difference.


So three more days to go and then we get the results. I'm kind of scared for day 31....because I want to continue with all the success I'm having. After all, isn't the following so true?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice honey! So proud of your will power and can't wait to hear the results. Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, shell! You are doing such a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete