Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easy Peasy

Two weeks to go!!!
Today I was a little worried because I had a work training. No, not because of what we were doing/learning, but because of lunch. Lunch is usually catered, and I was just unsure if whatever lunch they ordered would comply with the challenge. I didn't want to have to be annoying and ask to run out - but I would have, had it come to that. Luckily, it ended up being subs and pasta salad, so I grabbed a sandwich and went to town on the insides, leaving the cheese and bread (ooohhhh....bread, how I miss you. I will more than likely have my reunion with bread on day 31 by way of bagel. I miss it way more than sugar!)


Halfway through lunch, someone who was sitting behind me from another school asked me if I had allergies (since I wasn't eating much), and I explained that I was doing the Whole 30. We ended having lunch together and talking about all of it, and I think she is going to look into it. What was great about it was that it totally took my mind off lunch and food, and I love when people are interested and ask questions. Of course, you have to come to this decision on your own to do something like this, but even planting the seed of Whole 30 into someone's head is just an excellent start. From there it can take awhile to come to fruition, as was the case in my experience.


I remember Katie telling me about the Whole 30 when she did her first one, and I told her there was no way in hell I could do that. That would mean giving up wine on Tuesdays and dinners out on the weekends. I would have to give up sweets and.....well, everything. It was great for me that Katie was blogging about it, because that seed that was planted kept growing and growing. By the middle of March, I was just going overboard with the eating out and drinking all the time (not to mention all the money I was spending on the two!) So here I am, months later and halfway through the challenge feeling so great.


At the day 17 mark, I still can't weigh myself, but I know I have lost weight. I was waiting until I came back from Florida to test it out with a few dresses I bought awhile ago. When I bought them, I really liked them but thought that if I lost just a little bit of weight they would fit perfectly. They definitely have a better fit than they did when I bought them, and I can only imagine how much better it will be two more weeks from today. (I'm officially done on Wed, April 18th.) I am definitely feeling so proud of myself and learning to appreciate how far I've come in just the two short weeks it's been.


The not weighing yourself is so key. I know if I got on the scale - even though I'm so curious - I could possibly be disappointed with the number that comes up. I wouldn't want that to ruin my progress and all that is to come, so if you ever decide it's time for you to partake in this challenge, stay away from the scale! The website even advises going "Office Space" on your scale in your backyard!


So for now, I will be happy and excited with the progress I'm making. I'll set a good example for others and hopefully inspire someone new into this challenge. Really, by the time you're on day 17, it's cake till the end! (But I will not be rewarding myself with cake. Maybe peas....? okay, not so much.)









1 comment:

  1. Everything you say is so true and you really do have to decide on your own to do it. I'm so happy that you're so committed. It's all down hill from here!

    ReplyDelete