Monday, April 23, 2012

Next Goal

So I'm thinking about taking a creative writing class this summer...anyone out there in blogging land ever take one? I'm really not sure where to go - find a workshop? Go through a university?


One of my best friends is writing a book right now and I'm so jealous (Yay you, BFF!) because I want a great idea and I want to write a great book (too). It's always been one of my goals, and I guess if I'm going to make it happen, I've got to do something about it. This blog has been a great start, and I'm really enjoying writing on it, but it would be even better to do something for the sake of accomplishing it AND earning some extra income!


So far my best find is this place --> Story Studio Chicago
Seems like they have lots of different sessions, from novice to experienced and from one-night sessions to eight-week sessions. Is $400 too much for an 8 week session? Compared to taking it at a university, seems reasonable. (and even better - no deadlines and grades and homework to do!) There's a class on picture book writing, too!  Upon further rever (found them on Yelp) it seems that their ratings are pretty high...there I was looking for a reviewer to tell me straight up what they thought of the place, but instead, since they are all writers, it's like a plot line with a lead and a twist in the tension. Sheesh! 


Looked around a little more and didn't really see anything else. Perhaps I'll start with a one day session and go from there.


Now, what to write about? I definitely know the most about teaching. Katie and I have talked for years about writing a book about teaching. Perhaps the time has come!




Who else writes? I want to follow your blog if you have one, so leave a link here!


Until next time....





1 comment:

  1. I think we definitely should write a book about teaching. Let's NOT write a book of movie reviews...it was good.

    ReplyDelete