Sunday, July 15, 2012

Teardrops on My Guitar

Not sure if you recall, but I got a guitar for Christmas from Hektor. It all stemmed from me asking him about three times if I could bedazzle one of his for my next halloween costume (Taylor Swift). So, it was such a surprise when I opened my very own guitar for Christmas!

He taught me about 8 notes of a little song that morning which I used to remember how to play, but have since forgot. Even though Hektor can play so many songs - "Hey babe, play Sublime. Play More Than Words. Look at this tablature online and play Taylor Swift." - he always can. Makes it look so easy!



I feel so bad that I haven't taught myself something, but it's hard. I'm not an ounce musically inclined, at all. Awhile ago I taught myself one chord that I needed for that Taylor Swift song I was going to teach myself. I looked it up online, practiced it a little bit, and made a diagram on a post it that ended up on the fridge. He came over that night, saw the post it and was totally laughing cause I wrote "Stretchy" on it....you really have to stretch your fingers to play whatever chord that is!!


Since then, I haven't really made any attempts to try and learn. I really just need him to teach me and sit with me, but we just haven't yet.


So, would it be horrible if I bedazzled it anyways? I mean, would I still be able to use it or would it be ruined? I'm thinking of making it look like this ---->


If I decided to do that, there will be tear dops on my guitar...Hektor's, so perhaps I will just go now and learn a new chord : ) But I'm not over this Halloween costume idea just yet!


Hektor - if you're reading this, how about you be a part of the costume, too. Me - Taylor Swift. You - Kanye. Brilliant!









0 comments:

Post a Comment