Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Randomness

1. Got into my car this morning and noticed that the rose corsage (momento of 8th grade graduation) that usually is in the ash tray was on the floor. Then glanced all the stuff from the center console was on the passenger's seat. The CD that was in the front middle section was on the floor. But, my yoga mat was still in there. And the Lucy Caulkins books for writing workshop were still in the back, and my trunk wasn't shuffled through. The only thing that was stolen was the GPS. I must not have locked the doors - no windows were broken and there was no other damage. Well, the joke is on the thief - that GPS is four years old and doesn't even charge anymore. So, I say that even though I was a little shaken up this morning, it's a win for me. Oh - and he didn't take the change or the Dunkin giftcard! Definitely winning!


This is for you, Dream Team : )

2. So at the elementary school I have to do recess duty and we finally got the schedule so I'm out with the 2nd - 3rd graders every day. Ummm...before I get to the story - recess duty is all year - and you always go out in all seasons, unless the windchill is like 10 degrees or 10 below, I can't remember. Hi...10 degrees? Boots and coats and scarves and gloves on a bunch of little kids? and then have to take all that stuff to lunch with them. Hot mess.

anyways - so there was this group of maybe 20 girls doing some cheerleading so I went up to them and asked them all peppy, "omg. Are you doing cheerleading?" They all shouted back yes, so I taught them a chant and then today they asked me to show them again. Good stuff, but that's not the what was my first glimpse of seeing I just might like little kids....

Fast forward an hour after recess and I was walking to the office and one little girl walking by and chirps, "Hey, Coach!" Heart melting.




3. Did you hear that *Nsync (That's how their name was spelled and with a star in the front of it, right?) will reunite on the VMAs this weekend? Ohhhh yes, and I will be recording that! Brings me back to that day I was wailing Bye Bye Bye at the top of my lungs on the freeway in Phoenix with the windows down and the dudes in the truck next to me were looking at me with that "Really?" expression. Still not embarrassed. Okay, maybe a little.



wtf is up with JT's hair?!


That's all I've got for today. Hope you had a great Hump Day!


1 comment: