Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Favorites

Cool stuff from the last week:

Cousin Emma
She came last weekend to stay with me and we celebrated her Sweet 16! It was also a weekend of "Try New Things." So, we went to Cafe Sushi, hot yoga (I never knew I could sweat from my legs like that!), and the Signature Lounge on the 96th floor of the Hancock building. I definitely had to lie and say I was her mom, but it worked out. And....birthday cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B's. I had a banana chocolate chip one - delish!







That martini - awesome! Whipped vodka, pineapple juice, Malibu, Blue Caracao, and something else.
Called Blue Waters. SOOO good!



Holls, Mikey, and Carson
BFF, Mikey, and little Carson came up for a visit from Kentucky. Baby is adorbs! He loves to bounce and do squats, and as Mikey says, no weak squats....ass-to-the-floor squats! We also all went over to the Lake County fair with Holls' parents and Holls' nephew, Landon. Super fun time, and we got to see some cute animals!










Unpacking the Classroom
I was so lucky to have a few of my kiddos from last year come and help me work on my library. They had to go through all the books and pull the ones inappropriate for K-5, then organize them into genres, then go through and put new labels on the. We're so not done, but they'll be back next week to continue. The library is going to look amazeballs when they're done. They're such good kids, too. Very self-directed, they know how I like things, and they can make decisions without asking me about every little detail. LOVE!







Last Volleyball Game
We played our last game Thursday night at Oak Street Beach. Half of the team wasn't there and so we were hoping for a win in the playoffs to return next week, but no luck. But, we did get to see this view for the whole season, so I can't really complain...




New favorite song....as of yesterday:


I so love this song. I downloaded it and listened to it probably 10 times already... not feeling the need for sad breakup songs quite as much anymore...

That's about all from my week. Hope you had a great one! What are you looking forward to coming up? One week left of no students for me...I feel like I definitely need a beach day in there for sure!

Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment