Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Favorites

I feel bad. I've only been posting Friday Favorites for the last three weeks. Going back to work is exhausting though. I wanted to write last night, but I was too tired. I swear, I'll get back in the habit....but for now, this will have to do!

New Art for my casa


So last Saturday I went to breakfast with a friend, and right next door was this cute little shop with a bunch of art from independent artists around Chicago. I found this little gem and LOVE it. In case you haven't notice, I love Chicago and all things Chicago, so this was perfect for decorating. A little expensive, but worth it. Planning on going back to breakfast at the same place this weekend, and hope to stop in again. There's a super cute shirt I want - it says, "Midwest is Best." Why, yes it is. (Southern California - think you're pretty close to Midwest in this ranking!)


Ezekiel Bread


Okay, so I'll admit it - I don't know much about this bread, but I heard about it from my cousin and bought it. I was expecting it to taste awful, but then it was great! (See - set expectations low and you're always pleased!) (One caveat: this theory does not apply to  teaching...) Anyways, this bread is flourless and made from organic grains. I feel better about eating it. I haven't taken it yet for a day at work, but I will report back about whether or not it puts me in a bad place around 2:30ish. You know when you eat poorly at lunch and then hardly any time has gone by and your'e already craving bad stuff in that afternoon slump? If you want to try it - I found it in the freezer section. Also, read more about it here.

Awwwhhhhh.....DT : )


So Damon was the assistant principal the first year I was hired. Then, when he went to Excelencia to take on the principalship, I went over there to work with him for a few more years. He was a great example of what an amazing leader is and I feel blessed to have worked for him. He mentored me and helped me get to where I am today! He was in town for a conference, so I was so happy that he called me up to meet him for dinner. So, so good to catch up. I've been blessed with great leaders and hope to follow in his footsteps one day! 


Favorite kiddos


These kids are awesome - totally organized my whole library and got it all good to go. It's kinda a secret though - I love them so I call them to help me, but little do they know I just want to hang out with them, too. Love this profession and the great people it brings into my life!

First Day Back



While it's an understatement to say that I totally miss a big handful of people at Heritage (Yes, you!) I'm feeling good about this move to Emerson Elementary School.  Looking at the big picture, I'm happy to report I did the right thing. I feel like Emerson is a great place and I'm going to be really happy there. Everyone I've met is awesome : ) I will, however, miss me some middle school attitude. Need an intervention? Send them over! : )

Hope you had a great week!

Happy Friday, everyone!
xo






0 comments:

Post a Comment