Thursday, March 19, 2020

Imagine


When this all ends, imagine:
The hugs!
The smiles!
The joyful reunions at actual (and not virtual) happy hours!
We'll shake hands without a second thought. And,
if we cough into the air, or sneeze on accident, it won't be so bad. And
the beaches will be open again, and
I won't have to store groceries on my counter for lack of space.
I'll travel to see my family, no questions asked, no worries to be had.
That my dating life will resume, in all it's splendor. (ha!)
I'll dance in class and do yoga in a room heated to 105 degrees.
No one in my life will be worried about this. No one will lose sleep over this.
I'll see my students every day again, and
look in their eyes, and
tell them face-to-face that they matter.
I'll see my colleagues again, and
our complaints about the daily grind will subside, because
we'll feel so lucky to be back.
Back to routine, and
the smiles, and
the hugs.

Check out my former years slicing here. Find me on Instagram here. And twitter, here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just LOVE THIS!!! The color scheme, the fonts, the sheer felicity of everything about this post and your personality - it just resonates with hope, hilarity, honesty and such courage. You see the positivity in our future, no matter when it may be, and I find it just endearing.

    Thank you so much for sharing this. You have brightened my day, which was otherwise on track to a gloomy night. I think I might have to save this one. #simplybeautiful

    ~Carla Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jharkhand Board Books is officially implementing the textbooks prescribed by the CBSE, i.e. Jharkhand textbooks.This is advantageous to JAC board books as the standards set by the Jharkhand is one among the more renown of all the educational resource publishers in India. SCERT Jharkhand 3rd Class e-Books Jharkhand book offers the students an immersive educational instrument that will enable them to understand and comprehend various concepts and topics with ease.Furthermore, the books promote critical thinking and enable the students to seek deeper insights rather than the superficial syllabus prescribed by the boards.

    ReplyDelete