Monday, March 19, 2012

Hi, my name is Michelle, and I'm a sugar addict.

Serious addiction.


There I was sitting at lunch eating a chicken salad with salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing (flavored with pineapple juice - no extra sugar) and I was looking at Jon's peanut butter and fantasizing about it. wth is wrong with me? It's just peanut butter!


Like I said. Addiction. 


This is really just going to be such a mind game. People want what they can't have, and since I can't have that peanut butter, or his apple butter, or the sourdough bread on my other colleague's panini, that's all I can think about. But, because I have willpower, I will abstain from sugary confections that will mess up my system.


I left work and had to stop at a friend's house to pick up......wait for it......my girl scout cookies I ordered in January. I'm not sure how we lost so much track of time, but it just figures that the day I start this Whole 30 Challenge is the day of cookie launch. Oh well. They're in the freezer....when I get through all of this, I will have some Thin Mint Truffles for all of you for supporting me. I know, it's kind of like giving the kid who doesn't do his homework a free homework pass, but that was the plans for those cookies long before I ever thought about doing this. So please, take some off my hands.


I stopped and got a ton of produce and some meat on my way home at Tony's. As I was walking around that grocery store, all I could think was, "Wow, there are 26 aisles full of food that I can't eat." Perhaps this is what's wrong with our society and the obesity epidemic. EVERYTHING is processed!


I came home and I was in the kitchen for like an hour and a half. I thought that I could just make myself a batch of sweet potato fries, and since that was a monster sweet potato, I'd be good to go, but about halfway through I couldn't stomach any more. They were really good, but I ended up making a turkey burger, too. No ketchup. I put guacamole on it. I'm actually a super picky eater (well, some people think so) so I am actually surprised that I did that! Since I can't have tortilla chips, I had to put it on something!


At the end of day one, the only thing I really wish I could have are those tortilla chips. What's the status on those...can't have them because they're corn? I think after 30 days that would be one thing that would be added back to my day-to-day eating. Well, not going to eat them every day, but I don't want to never eat them.


I am now full and have no desire to eat anything actually. So one day down. 29 to go. Tomorrow I have to survive going out to lunch on our institute day. Team says we're going to Bacci's - pizza slices that are as big as your head. Not sure what kind of salads they can whip up, but I'm in it to win it.




One last success - I drank a whole 64 ounces of water today at school. I never drink water! I put some lemon slices in it, so I think that helped a little. I'm so proud of myself just for that feat! Tomorrow it's going to be limes or oranges....the jury is still out on that decision at this point : )

1 comment: