Thursday, March 3, 2022

Oh, she'll let you know

I've had a hectic schedule the past two days, and my dog, and consequently, myself, are feeling the effects. My pup Sunny is a Micro Mini Golden Doodle and she's almost two, so she's got a ton of energy. In Chicago, it's been cold still, and the last two days I've had meetings after school, putting me home later than expected. What this means for Sunny is that she got quick walks from the downstairs neighbors and then a tired mama at home who tries to give her attention but is often lacking the energy to do so.

But Sunny is speaking to me.
Specifically, at midnight.
When she woke me up last night.
Trying to play with me.
In bed.

So today we will be going to the park and meeting her bff Zion for at least an hour of running. Hopefully more, depending on sunset. Will be our first time at our fave park since last fall... send good vibes that the sun stays out on a warm Chicago day!

Sunny is the black one :-)


3 comments:

  1. Something about the playfulness and energy of a dog, that's what makes me smile :) Enjoy your doggie time today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been raised in a non-dog family, I was unprepared for the way that a dog would become a true part of the family. Thank you for this delightful ode to your Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and Sunny were able to hang out at the park. It was a little chilly this evening. The warmer weather and later sunsets are almost here! I'm excited for green in Chi-town. Also it is amazing how our pets are so in tune with us and "talk" to us!

    ReplyDelete