Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Permission to...


My blogging mentor is this girl --------------------------------------------->

and I find that since she is my mentor and my BFF, I can copy her blog ideas and use them on mine. Not only will my followers like something different, her blog will get more traffic, cause you will WANT to read and follow her. She's hilarious and sarcastic, and you should totally go read her blog.

Now that I have that all out of the way, here's my first edition of Permission To blogs - some of the things I give myself permission to do, even though they may not be cool. Let me know what you think about the concept!
Permission to live in "Butterfly Rainbow Land"
You know when you have best friends and they know everything about you? Well it all started last week when I posted a pic from Draw Something on my facebook that I couldn't figure out. Of course, someone got it right away (it was John Lennon) but then all of the best friends got on the bandwagon saying how I don't know anything that isn't Mariah, Britney, Train, or Taylor Swift.

Maybe they're right, but I don't care. I LOVE Butterfly Rainbow Land!

Permission to walk the whole run I was planning on doing
Day two of summer break and I got up and did the running thing first thing. I was actually laying in bed (at 9am still!) and trying to talk myself out of going, but I wouldn't get out of bed until I was ready to put on the running clothes. So I did, and went outside right away, and ran a little, but then my mom called. So I just figured that I'd keep going and just walk instead and talk on the phone to my momma. Doesn't Dr. Oz say that walking is just as good? Oh well, I don't care. I had an hour walk today and talked on the phone and listened to iheartradio. Good enough for me! Now, if I only had a Golden Doodle to go with me, the walk would be perfect!

CUTEST DOG EVER!

Permission to confront you if you are mean or piss me off
You know, I used to be super passive, and maybe even a little passive aggressive. But one of the best things I learned from my friendship with Katie is that it's okay to bring things that bother us up. I love Katie because she will always tell you when you make her mad, but then it's like it never even happened. What I hate is having a friend unleash a seven year grudge list - that's not cool at all. This has happened to me a couple times and I didn't even REMEMBER half of the stuff that was brought up. I will not hold a grudge on you, but I will tell you if you make me mad. But then I'll be over it. Katie, thank you for making me more assertive! : )






Permission to try and find people in Chicago to love country as much as me, even though I'm having horrible luck thus far

Do you love country music? I need some friends who want to go to concerts here for country music. I asked Hektor if he'd do the Country MegaTicket (four concerts for $115) and he said....um, I might go to ONE with you. Courtney asked me if I wanted to go see a bunch of bands at Lalapalozza I've never heard of, and I siad, "Yeah! Will you go to a country concert with me?" That was a big no. So who out there like country? Let me know!

Just downloaded Eli Young Band's album and it's great. Current favorite song: On My Way....and if you want a great radio station for country music, I've been listening to WSIX in Nashville via the iheartradio app for weeks. Check it out!


Permission to be messy, but not dirty
If you saw my apartment right now, you may not like what you see. I've got papers and mail laying all over and some dishes in the sink and some laundry on the floor in my bedroom. My makeup is all over the bathroom and I need to unpack a bag of stuff I had at Hektor's this weekend. All that being said, I'm not dirty - there's a difference here. There's no food crusting on plates in my sink and even though there's some hair on the floor in my bathroom, it's pretty clean otherwise. I can't help it. I'm just a little messy but it's clean in this apartment! (Don't worry mom - it will be spick and span AND I'll put everything away before you come!)


Loving summer break. Running Walking and writing every day. I'm already working on blog ideas for tomorrow!

Until then......

0 comments:

Post a Comment