Tuesday, March 15, 2022

obsessed

 My dog Sunny is obsessed with playing ball. I have one of those Chuck It thingies that I use to toss a ball, but we don't play all the time (like, all winter!) There's one park we go to lots and now are part of the Puppy Patrol text thread - probably like 6 or 8 dogs and their parents who coordinate playdates.

When we are being social, I don't get the ball out, because once that comes out, she will just obsess over it and ignore all the playtime she could have.

So when another dog is playing ball, it's especially problematic. If Sunny gets the other dogs' ball, I may as well just forget it. She loves the game of me chasing her all over (and never being able to catch her).

So as soon as another ball comes out, I have to catch her and put her on a 10 foot leash. She's pretty smart and she knows she has no choice but to listen when she's on lock down!

1 comment:

  1. Wow is today's slice relatable! My 14 month old puppy does the SAME thing and it's so frustrating haha. You had me laughing with your candid descriptions!

    ReplyDelete