Wednesday, March 9, 2022

friends like this

I have the kind of colleagues who...

Stop by my office to ask advice.

Pickup lunch from me this week and bring me lunch next.

Are as obsessed with reading, writing, and pacing guides as I am.

Text me over the weekend and then email me on Monday to check in.

Say, "Awh, I want to coteach with you, too!"

Make an effort to help me be a better version of myself, by talking to me when I mess up.

Write me thank you cards.

Apologize when they make a mistake, no matter how much time has passed.

Make Tik Toks with me on our personal plan periods.

Trust me with new ideas. And their secrets.

Rally with thoughtful gestures when life gets tough.

Write Slice of Life blogs with me for a whole month straight.

Show up at my door when they need to cry.

Let me vent when needed, and keep all my secrets.

Tell me no when they see reasons why something won't work.

Clap for me when I do something they appreciate.

Take my phone from my desk (when I'm in the bathroom) and take 8 selfies.

Could you at least do 9 next time to be symmetrical? :-)


I have the kind of colleagues who

are also called friends.

3 comments:

  1. Love love love this - sounds like some amazing colleagues/friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I am also blessed with colleagues as friends. Don't we wish everyone had this too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really do work in a special place and that guy is a goofball who is always looking to make people smile!

    ReplyDelete