Saturday, March 2, 2019

On Being Seen

I had a hard week. There were a lot of meetings, a lot of things to do, I didn't even realize my to do list was so long on Monday morning when I got to work. Does that ever happen to you? You come into work all casual and calm, and then it's like a bomb went off within 20 minutes? On a work level, that was how my week started.

Additionally I've been pretty aggravated on the dating scene. Usually the problem is I meet guys, and it's not a match. The last one was a match. But now the timing is off. Uggghhh.

I hadn't really reflected much on my week aside from being annoyed at how stressed I was. But then I woke up Friday morning to a text from a friend from school. It was a gif of a hug and her message said, "Felt like you could use a hug! You seemed down today and it made me sad friend."

I didn't realize how I was coming off so.....sad? But she did.

And this text message? Instant lift.

Is the best thing to be seen, or what? To know that there are people out there who care for you so much that they stop everything they are doing to send a message and let you know that you matter?

In the big grand scheme of life, I can't think of few other acts of love, like this one, that has the power to drastically change someone's day. So to my friend, and her coteacher who is also this way with me, thank you. My week is ending way better than how it started.

7 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to know that someone cares? What a blessing for you!
    I can totally identify with the Monday-list-bomb situation. Sometimes I think, "What did I do on Friday...nothing?" Mondays are when my procrastination shows itself best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are days when I know I could not have made it without my teaching team. What a wonderful ending to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending hugs! I love how you pointed out the difference between being noticed and being seen. It takes a special person to see you...hoping to spread that to my friends and family, even if I don't feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! I'm glad your friend noticed and sent you that text. Friends like that are so special! We can have an awkward 20 second hug when you come to visit this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally giving you a 20 second hug, Jennie! lolololollllll (but really!) :P

      Delete
  5. It catches you off guard when this happens but so thankful for people like that. Glad your week ended on a positive note....and together!! Maybe we should have gone for that beer :-)

    ReplyDelete