Monday, June 20, 2016

Arbonne: My Why & First Fave Products

As many of you know, I have launched a business with Arbonne, and I'm loving it! I wanted to share about my favorite products so far and also a little about why I decided to link arms with amazing women in this company.

Why Arbonne?
As many of you know, I have a career I love, in education as a literacy coach. I serioulsy never dreamed of having such a rewarding gig, and I'm so thankful for the work I get to do every day!

But, teaching is never going to afford me the kind of life I envision for myself. For instance, I have three months off in the summer, but I'm usually too broke to go anywhere... especially not the places I want to see, like Napa, Cabo, and Tuscany.

But then I found Arbonne, which is a Mulit-Level Marketing (MLM) company. I always thought these kinds of companies were kinda a scam, I mean, what, you work your bum off and then the people above you collect all the money? But, since beginning with Arbonne, and reading lots about MLM, I have figured out a lot of misconceptions, and I now believe that people who get into this kind of work are pretty smart, working on something (else) they are passionate about in order to build a future full of opportunities.

Since beginning, I've not only collected a little bit in the way of a 'Thank You' check, but I've begun to switch over all my self-care products to Arbonne at a great discount. Also, and even better, I've been able to spend time with people who are so positive and uplifting, making new friendships and learning a whole new set of skills (which I also see transferring to my work as a coach). So why would I say no?



Aside from the business opportunity, I also love the products that Arbonne offers because of thieir ingredient policy. They formulate products on many lines: baby care, skin care (both men and women), nutrition, hair, makeup, and sun. All of their products are formulated to be pure, safe, and beneficial, which means they are formulated without:

  • Animal products or by-products, including collagen, elastin, hydrolyzed animal protein, keratin, lanolin
  • Benzene
  • Diethanolomine (DEA)
  • Hydroquinone
  • Petroleum-based ingredients, such as mineral oil
  • PABA
  • Parabens
  • Phthalates
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Sodium Laurel/Laureth Sulfate
  • Triclosan
  • Toluene
Anyways, I love that I can feel safe knowing that any product from Arbonne will be healthy for me. That is why I want to share with my friends and family!

That being said, here are a few of my favorite items from the various Arbonne lines!

Protein Powder - Chocolate and Vanilla
Stats: 20 grams of vegan protein, gluten free, fructose free, dairy free, low glycemic index (Diabetic-friendly) so it does not cause a spike in blood sugar, 20 vitamins and minerals, no saturated fats, trans fats, or cholesterol, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors and colors

Both options are delicious. I use the vanilla mix usually with berries, kale and/or spinach, fresh OJ, and ice. The chocolate I like just straight with water or almond milk, but have also added berries, cherries, and/or a banana. Oh, and I just realized I could freeze coffee into cubes and mix that with the chocolate for a mocha-flavored shake!

I began drinking these shakes for breakfast around April and haven't quit. They will keep you full for hours!

Herbal Detox Tea
I got this as part of the 30 Days to Healthy Living Plan (which is an awesome program to detox and clean up your eating for 30 days, including online support with holistic health coaches!)

Anyways, here are the stats on the tea:
  • Helps support liver and kidney health
  • Hydration supports toxin elimination
  • These processes help support optimal health
Extra perk for me was it has been helping me sleep better. Usually I wake up a few times in the night, but not since starting this tea. I would also eat stuff (granola bars) and maybe OJ in the middle of the night, and that has also subsided! (Such bad habits I have had!)

I guess what I'm learning from Arbonne, is they want to drive beauty from the inside out, so their nutrition products all support that. I could go on and on about the nutrition products because I love them all, and they are my new daily essentials.



Arbonne Intelligence Genius
Moving on to skin care, I have to lead with the resurfacing pads. The Arbonne girls call this product 'botox in a bottle' and even though it's botanically based, it sure feels strong!

These are used at night after you wash you face. You swipe your skin (especially where there are wrinkles and color spots) upward to resurface skin.

I have those lines by my eyebrows from giving students 'the look' and I can see a change in them in just the last month that I have been using them. Of all the skin care, this is my favorite so far!



RE9 Intensive Renewal Serum
I also have begun using the RE9 line which is their anti-aging skin-care line. I have super dry skin which is the first reason I love the serum: Stabilized Vitamin C boosts and maintains moisture by supporting collagen, resulting in improvement in the appearance of fine lines as well as proving moisture barrier protection to restore a natural, youthful glow. And of course, it's formulated without synthetic fragrance, parabens, or dyes. Win!

CC Cream
I am not someone who used to wear foundation, or even knew what a CC Cream or a BB Cream was. I did use a product from Benefit though called Erase Paste to cover up the bags under my eyes and the zits I would get. I have now switched that to the CC Cream and I'm loving it!

A CC Cream is a 10-in-one product: 1. Primer; 2. Protector; 3. Concealer; 4. Hydrator; 5. Mattifier; 6. Brightener; 7. Blemish Cover; 8. Pore Refiner; 9. Comforter; 10. Complexion Controller.

So my Benefit product I used to cover zits and bags under my eyes has been replaced with this all-over product. I was never one for lots of makeup, but this is a great base for the little extras I do put on after, like eye makeup and blush. The CC Cream feels like a light version of concealer and definitely feels hydrating. Color wise, I'm medium (third one down).



That's just a taste of the products so far. I love so many others, too - Digestion Plus, the Fizz Sticks, mascara, eye primer, Tea-Tree Oil Shampoo, and the Shea Butter lotion. Pretty soon there will be nothing left of the products I used to purchase at Target. Why not shop with a company that can give back to your family?

To see these products and others, check out my website. Do you shop with Arbonne? What are your favorites? Keep the conversation going in the comments section below! :-)

Be well,

2 comments:

  1. I am interested in them all! Protein powder- I currently make my shakes with choco vegan shakeology. Do you or any consultsnt friends have any comparisons of the two? I love shakeo, but at $120 a bag, it's a bit much! And the CC cream, I like the sound of this, too. I currently only wear a tinted moisturizer from Bare Minerals. This sounds like a pretty comparable product. What happens if I order the wrong color?

    Thanks sis, so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in them all! Protein powder- I currently make my shakes with choco vegan shakeology. Do you or any consultsnt friends have any comparisons of the two? I love shakeo, but at $120 a bag, it's a bit much! And the CC cream, I like the sound of this, too. I currently only wear a tinted moisturizer from Bare Minerals. This sounds like a pretty comparable product. What happens if I order the wrong color?

    Thanks sis, so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete