Saturday, February 21, 2015

grrrr Lent

I'm not even technically Catholic. I mean, I'm not Catholic at all - My dad is, mom is Methodist, I'm baptized Methodist, Hektor is Catholic. Hektor usually gives up something for Lent so, I decided this year, I would, too. Give up facebook, I thought. That would be a good idea, I thought. So I did and I haven't checked it since Tuesday night. (Also: Hektor is giving up telling me what is happening on facebook.) Real mature.



It was a good thing to give up. I burn so much time on there reading pointless boring stories (Just said that as a shout-out to Rob!) hahhahaaa. But really, if you're anything like me, you waste a lot of time on there. I haven't seen what anyone is doing since Tuesday night.

This morning temptation began rolling in. I got a very pressing email from facebook - YOU HAVE 22 NOTIFICATIONS!!! You're missing out on what Kristy is doing and also four more people replied to so-and-so's thread. Please come back!

But, I didn't.

Then Hektor comes in the room and asks me if I got invited to someone's party. I said, "Well, I don't know because I haven't been on facebook." He laughs and tells me I'm really missing out.


I know in the grand scheme of things with the Lent story and all this is crazy to say, but it's going to be a long 40 days. I'm only 3 1/2 in and it's already hard. I think facebook is the Social Media equivalent to wine, which I decided would be too hard to give up. Perhaps I should have switched.

If you happen to read this, please share it for me - since I can't go on facebook to do so. Follow me on Blog'Lovin to get my updates!




I'm planning to write on this blog more because I'm having it designed up pretty like BigTime Literacy! Just started talking to Kassie about what we're going to do - it's going to look ah-maze-balls!

What are you giving up for Lent?

xo, Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Good job sister! I know a few people who dropped fb for lent! I gave up fried foods. And alcohol. ;) Keep posting, love reading your blogs! Love you!

    ReplyDelete