Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thank You!

Don't get the wrong idea about this challenge - it's so hard. The hardest part is overcoming the emotional attachment I have to food.

  • Oh, it's Tuesday night, we always have wine on Tuesday night!
  • I should go with my team to breakfast in the lounge on Friday to be with them, and eat. (Lots of stuff I can't have.)
  • I always eat something sweet at night.
  • My kids at work are so annoying! I bet I'd feel better if I had a ____.


Letting go of those routines is super hard. And to all of you who have been nothing but amazing, thank you.

  • Thanks to everyone who eats with me who doesn't tempt/taunt me with food. Believe me, the conversations in my head that are going on watching you eat all the stuff I gave up are insane!
  • Thanks to everyone who comments on my blogs or just gives it a thumbs up - you have no idea how motivating it is. Your comments and conversations with me make me want to continue.
  • Thank you to mom, who has already asked me what she should have for me in the house when I get there on Sunday night! Also mom, you should know that I'm excited that you said we could try new things. I want to make a spaghetti squash!
  • Thank you to my friends at work who let me know when there is fresh fruit in the lounge (basically the only thing brought to staff breakfast I can eat in there during this challenge). It means a lot that you're watching out for me!
  • Thank you to everyone who is open to learning about this and following my progress.
  • Thank you especially to Katie and LeeAnn who answer my questions and keep me going every day. I couldn't do this without either of you!

I think this blog is really what is holding me the most accountable. I don't want to screw this up and have to report it to all of you, so thanks for reading! And....looking through pinterest each night for clipart and quotes to put on my blogs reminds me why I'm doing this. Anyone who is considering doing something like this - I highly recommend writing about it and sharing with your network. It will keep you accountable.

Aside from the emotional attachments I'm working through, the only other thing today that was annoying was that I'm tired. Tuesday too. Both days I came home from work and laid down for an hour or an hour and a half. I am not sure if it's because my body is in withdrawal from all the processed food and sugar I used to eat or what's going on.

I'm definitely not hungry. In fact, I think it's pretty amazing how much less I'm eating and how much I'm not hungry. Take today for example - I ate some egg whites with veggies and two pieces of bacon for breakfast, a banana around 10, some steak, sauteed veggies, and a half of an orange for lunch, then a fruit leather around 3, and then I ate dinner - same as lunch, but with guacamole. I haven't been hungry all day, but I'm definitely tired. Perhaps this is the night I'll sleep all the way through!

So there you have it. A day in the life of a Whole 30 Challenge. Anyone out there thinking about trying it out?!


5 comments:

  1. I'm happy it's going well for you. I've enjoyed reading about it. Please tell me more about why almonds are a "no" if you have a chance. Sweet dreams tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good question, Maranda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great so far! It has been a tremendous example of will power to watch you at work when we are surrounded by so much crap (and bad food as well). Stay strong.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almonds are okay. LeeAnn said the ones I was eating - roasted in canola oil - was the problem. She said they might have MSG (checked, don't), so yeah, they are fine. Peanuts, on the other hand, are classified under legumes, which is why peanuts and peanut butter are a no. Here's the thing about the almonds though - I'm eating them. I figure, it's not like I'm eating cupcakes or other processed food, and I don't have a lot of options, so a little canola oil to roast an almond isn't going to kill me or ruin things too much. Everything in moderation I guess.

    Thanks for stopping by : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you honey! I admire your will power and know that you'll succeed! I was looking at some older pictures of you and know that this is something you will over come. When you're done with the 30 days you will learn that everything is ok as long as it's in moderation. It's a learning tool that after your 30 days of hell will be embedded in your head so you won't have to do this again. It's a "life style change" which we hear so often. Stay strong daughter, you're doing an awesome job! Love you!

    ReplyDelete