Sunday, March 3, 2019

Chirp

I live in an apartment. Five units, three floors. I'm on the second floor, rear apartment. I love this home. When people visit they always tell me, "It's so cozy here." Yup.  This is part of the reason I'm cool being home by myself.

But there is a chirp happening. It's the smoke detector in the hallway to the units, somewhere. Throughout the day when I'm home, I hear it, but intermittently. So I hear it, think I should fix it, remind myself I don't have a ladder, and then continue with what I was doing in the first place.

But then it chirps again.

Totally reminded me of that modern family episode when Phil Dunphy (one of my fave characters of all time on TV) tries to fix his, check it out:


There mine goes again. I think I'll text my landlord and let him take care of it. After all, he's making the big bucks.

6 comments:

  1. I love Phil Dunphy and I love this slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Smoke detectors are so important, but when they are low on battery they are SO annoying. Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where Phoebe's smoke alarm is chirping? It's hilarious and worth a watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told myself the other day not to wait for the chirp anymore; instead, I should change all the batteries on a given day. When the chirp started a few days ago, I went bonkers running trying to figure out which one was acting up. It was like a child at school makes that noise and you don’t know who did it. I even stood under the alarm in the kitchen giving it a stare down. When I have up and walked away, the chirp rang out. I couldn’t tell who did it. Was it the living room or the kitchen alarm?? I need to be proactive and take care of things before they chirp. That’s probably what that student is telling me. Give me some attention before I chirp. Have a great long weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!! Did your smoke alarm start chirping during the wee hours of the night? That is the ONLY time that mine start ever start chirping and usually when I am enjoying a wonderful deep, deep sleep. Hahah. Loved reading your slice of life Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, we are having that happen in our house RIGHT NOW!! LOL!! I wish I had a college cheerleading baton right now! Thanks for sharing this timely slice with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that episode and when he screams about his lady fingers! Ha! Our smoke alarm battery recently went out in the middle of the night. Why does it have to happen at 3 am?!

    ReplyDelete