Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Apparently, I'm living on an alternate planet....

I found this girl's blog: Baggage Reclaim. She started writing in like 2004 and was single then, but it's now 9 years later and so she's married with 2 kids.


Anyways, I was reading old posts about the "No Contact" rule that I've imposed on my ex. While I have been pretty good with it (read: there's a few slip-ups) I've been definitely doing this:

"Many women cut contact physically, as in they don’t see or speak with their ex, but they stay mentally connected by moving into obsessing about him. This is effectively like conducting your relationship in spirit on an alternative planet."



I had to laugh when I read that part about conducting your relationship on an alternate planet. Not just a little lol, but a serious laughing my @$$ off. Especially when I skyped with my friend and read it to her. We were both cracking up, me, tears of laughter streaming down my face. I'm so doing that. Like, I'm in my own little world, totally obsessing about him and what he may or may not be doing - if he will call me, and when that will happen. Plus 100 other things that I'm reliving from when we were together. No bueno.




Have you done the same thing with any of your exes?


Fast forward: Tonight I was at the Sox game with friends, having a great time. Drinking, of course, and so I was feeling like it would be okay to call him and go stop by. One super-smart friend asked, "Well, are you okay to see him superficially with no emotions attached?" Ummm....have you met me? Yeah, can't exactly do that.

So then we got to talking about an app you can download for you phone that lets you block outgoing calls for 24 hours. I'm not sure what it's called, and after further research online (for 2 minutes) I found a thread that included this:



Willpower, huh? Well, since we broke up about three months ago, I've slipped maybe three times. I'm happy to report that I did not tonight. So, I'm going to bed at home with a clean conscience and hoping to go forward with this thing we call will power.



Some people need it for sugar or carbs. Apparently I need it for the No Contact rule. Perhaps living by the following would be better for me:



But then I might need to work on the willpower for a food issue.

I can't win.....


Goodnight friends.



1 comment:

  1. It's really funny.....when he "see's" you, he loves you, but how many times has HE tried to "stop by" to see you, or call you, or email you?? In your heart you know it's not meant to be, he's just not for you, and he's not worthy of your unconditional love. It's hard to let go of the memories, but if you were to spend some time with him again you would finally realize that there is too much water under the bridge and you would really be able to move on. Keep up the great work honey..... there is a prince out there that will sweep you off your feet and you then will be happy you stayed strong. I love you....

    ReplyDelete