Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nashville

Hektor and I took a road trip last weekend to Nashville to see the Gators play at Vanderbilt. Super fun time....here's the top 5!

5 - Catching up with (Hektor's) long lost friends


We were invited to stay with one of Hektor's friends from Florida....Ken and Liz. Hektor hadn't seen him in ages or met his kids yet! Here we are with twins Will and Kate and big sister Caroline. Super cute kids, and such great friends to let us bum a room for the weekend!

4 - Downtown Nashville

We were hoping to make it to the bars after the game on Saturday, but it didn't happen after hours of tailgating and then watching the game. But....it was pretty sweet. Even at noon on Sunday, there was tons of live music - all country, my fave! Best was when these two were playing Pontoon by Little Big Town. Brought back memories from the lake house last summer.



3 - Meeting more of Hektor's Florida friends



Hektor had no idea that these friends were coming up from Atlanta and Jacksonville, so it was a huge surprise when he realized it on the drive down. Great to hear stories from college from a whole new group of friends!

2 - Gator Traditions

So after the game (Gators won!) all of the football team came over by the band and cheerleaders for....a school song I think? Anyways, it was pretty awesome. The Florida alum asked me if I liked my first game and I said, "Yeah, you've got some great traditions at your school," to which Hektor replied..."Yeah, like winning!"

1 - Hanging out with one of my favorites
So 7 hours down to Nashville, a whole day together tailgating, and 7 hours back on Sunday. All that being said, we did pretty good and didn't really get on each other's nerves until the last hour or so. Either way, there's no one else I'd rather hang out with for that much time. Thanks for taking me to a Gator game, Dud!

and one of the not-so-cool things we did on the trip....
ate at Fazoli's.

Remember Fazoli's? Seemed like a good idea at the time. Reminded me of all the times I went with Holls in high school. Well, I think it's best left in our past. It was alright, but I will definitely be okay not going there for another decade!

What I'm looking forward to now....
An ASU win tomorrow over Oregon that will not only be awesome for the Sun Devils, but keep the Gators in that second place rank on the BCS poll!



1 comment: