Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Night Friday Favorites

It's been so long since I wrote Friday Favorites, but I have so many favorites from the past few weeks... So I end my weekend by skipping homework and enjoying writing :-)

First, I love this song: Hit play and enjoy while you read!



Okay, now to the favorites!

Luca turned one!
Jen and Romo did such a great job with the decorations at his party:
I think Jamie made the chalkboard. So cute!!


More decorations and the favors - Snacks in Mason Jars with little ties on them.


Birthday boy with his smash cake...he was not into it! :-)


Some of my favorite cousins with their funny faces.


And Cath...Love you!



Luca, Mom, and Dad. Always so fun to hang out with you guys!


Love coming to your parties, cousins! Happy first birthday, Luca!


Bucktown Arts Fest
This fest is like two little blocks from my house. It was so nice to walk over, be in the neighborhood, find some great art, and have some drinks with friends while we listen to a band. 


I bought a piece of art from the guy who did this one...I liked this one, but only enough to take a pic of it.



Liz and I - so happy to have a neighborhood friend to hang out with!



And my new shirt! And yes, I would say that Midwest is best....all the way through the holidays. Then, in January and February, when I'm sick of snow and slush and cold and ice....that's probably the only time I would disagree. But, it's my favorite season right now...fall! Can't wait until the leaves start changing!





Visiting Jackie
Got to hang out with Rachel, Jackie, and Jackie's sister - Amos, text me one of our pics to add to the blog! 

Jackie and Mikey just bought a new house somewhere out really far away, so Rachel and I were happy to schlep ourselves all the way out there to visit and see the new place!



And her larger-than-life dog! His name is slipping my mind at the moment - Schlophy, what is it again?


And you know we've gotta have a baller-status pic :-)


Thanks for having us, Jackie! So good to catch up and see your new place!



ASU Game
Went to watch our season opener on Thursday and got to see my ASU girls. As Laurie put it in her epic status - up by 42 at the half, our bartender sportin our colors, $20 drink wristbands, and hanging out with the girls. Love them, love the Sun Devils!



Sweet text from a great friend...
Michelle, who was on my team at Heritage, overheard some of the elementary girls talking on their way home one day last week:



Makes me so happy that the kiddos are loving reading and writing! It's been awesome to coteach in the third grade classroom that is right next door to me....I love those kiddos! And I get to see them on the playground, so that's where the cheer moves was coming from. It's safe to say that I'm loving my new job!

Happy Hour with Kerry
Got to catch up with my mentee on Friday for happy hour and it was exactly. what. I needed. By the looks of those smiles, you can guess that I left feeling way better after we had a few drinks and appetizers!




Saturday night out with Liz
Liz and I went out to Division last night. It's in the neighborhood next door - or it's in Bucktown, I'm not sure where the boundaries are. Anyways, we sat on the patio outside Smoke Daddy and had some great drinks and dinner. Then we met some more of her friends at a Nebraska bar down the street. I can't remember the name of that bar, but the music was great and we were in great company. And, I was home in good shape and in time to not sleep away my day today. Good stuff!



I had such a good weekend - had fun, but also got my philosophy paper drafted, my presentation ready for Wednesday night, some reading done .... and laundry and grocery shopping. Boom. Kickin ass, takin names :-)

One more thing: found this graphic online somewhere and loved it...


Going to try and keep this in mind as I navigate my way through my new job. Got myself a new notebook to pay better attention to the appointments I make for coteaching and planning, so that's definitely going to keep me in better shape this week.

And that is all....

Have a great week everyone!



0 comments:

Post a Comment