Tuesday, January 17, 2017

See the Light

It's winter in Chicago, which means the sun doesn't show itself much these days. Yesterday it rained, all day. Seriously, from dawn till dusk. Throughout the day I found myself stopping to listen. "Yep, still raining," I thought, wishing the sun would pop out, dry everything out, and spread some happiness.

I was trying to write yesterday, but more gloom. Nothing was coming to me. But then this morning just before my 4:45 alarm, I realized that the sun has been shining, I just needed to change my perspective.

You get on Voxer for the first time and the first message back is, "So glad to see you here, Michelle."
Sunshine.

Your friend takes you to yoga on her buddy pass.
Heat.
(Like, literally.)

The guy your best friend is dating finally calls her to schedule another date after what seems like forever. (More like 36 hours.) :-)
Warmth.

You wake up to an idea for a blog post and strike while the iron is hot.
Incandescence.

You see some work one of your students is doing, that is extra beyond her classes, and it's really good.
Radiance.

You sleep in for three days in a row.
Brilliance.

A friend who you haven't seen in ages texts and wants to meet up after school to catch up. So you set the date for Wednesday.
Illuminating.

I can't hear much in the way of rain anymore, but it's still winter and I doubt the sun will come out again anytime soon. But, with a little change in perspective (and a trip to the tanning salon), I bet we can all see some light in the coming days.


Where are you finding sunshine on these gloomy days?

0 comments:

Post a Comment