Sunday, September 18, 2016

F*%@ Yes

Pardon my French. I mean, to lead with that is bold, right? I’m not the kind of person to throw around a sentence enhancer like that in this kind of forum, you know, public… perhaps on a somewhat professional platform. But today, I say F-Yes. Let me explain.

Have you read that article called F--- Yes or No? It’s written about relationships, like, you better be saying F--- yes to the person you’re in a relationship with or you might as well just end it. Totally makes sense to me. Like, why would you date someone who you’re just moderately excited about? For some, this is easy. For my ex-boyfriend, he didn’t get it. He dated me for over three years but I was never an F-Yes to him. Took me awhile to figure that out and move on, but now I know. And to be on that side of the equation sucks, royally. But I digress.

I think this F-Yes mentality can be applied to anything in life we spend our time on. Our time is precious! Once it's gone, we can never get it back! One of my best friends, Anita, tells me all the time, “Michelle, can you believe it’s already September?” Like seriously, she tells me this, like her mind is blown each time. And then she smiles, because I smile and kinda laugh at her, because she always says it. Because it's true, time is just slipping away.

So I ask you, what are you spending your time on? Are they things you're super excited about or just a little bit excited about... or, not excited about at all? I’m sure all of us have things in our days that we don’t feel that strongly about, but it’s my mission make the most of my time with the things I choose to spend it on.

Friends and family. I love them, so if I'm with them, know it's an F-Yes for me.

Teaching. I love kids. Seriously love, even on days like last Thursday when I'm sure the kids could see the metaphorical smoke coming from my ears.

Social events. If I'm there, it's an F-Yes for me, because I'm always at an F-Yes for quiet time home by myself, reading or writing.

Which brings me to Arbonne. Most certainly, today it's an F-Yes.

I had no idea what I was signing up for when I said yes to Mary and Arbonne. I had no idea I'd make this many new friends:


I had no idea they'd refer me to books that make me better, like You are a Badass, The Slight Edge, and two I'm really excited to read next, On Fire and Dare to Dream and Work to Win.

I had no idea that they would invite me to their homes and tell me that I'm amazing and that they are lucky to have me around. And that they'd brag about my blog. (!!)

I had no idea they would teach me a way to do a bunch of work now to create a future of possibilities, one where I can show up to weddings across the country or be at a family members side if (heaven forbid) they became sick and needed me, without having to worry about being away from a job and a paycheck because of time missed.

I had no idea the training I would receive from Arbonne would leave me with things like this swimming in my head:
  • Mind your mind.
  • What we focus on grows.
  • We live the life we're willing to tolerate.
  • See what can be, not what is.
  • We attract what we put forward.
  • Live in gratitude.
All of this - I had no idea I'd have all of this in my life. It's so much more than I thought. I thought I was saying yes to personal care products that are safer and cleaner than those on the shelves in Target and Nordstrom. I thought I was just switching my breakfast to a vegan protein shake. I thought I was just saying yes to a new skin care routine.

But I was really saying yes to so much more.

And today? Today it's a F*%@ yes.


What are you saying F-Yes to?

1 comment: